Best Travelling Bags Guide in 2022
Best Travelling Bags Guide in 2022
A nice travelling bag can make or break your packing routine. There are various types of travel bags, each serving its own unique purpose. For some people, it’s essential to curate a collection of a few different bags for every occasion. When looking for your travel bag, think about how often you travel and what your non-negotiables are for your bag. Do you like style and functionality? Comfort or organization? Maybe you want it all in one! Here are the different types of travel bags, and our top picks for 2022.
There’s a travel bag for just about everything but here are a few main categories people flock to the most.
1. Rolling Luggage
The most traditional style of luggage is the rolling suitcase. It’s a great travelling bag because it’s well equipped to organize, store and keep all your items safe while in transit. Rolling luggage usually includes a zipper closure, wheels, and an extendable handle. It’s important to note if you want easier transportation, you might want to opt for suitcases with four spinner wheels. This allows you to glide the suitcase as you move, and it’s much easier for airport travel. A major advantage of rolling luggage is you can buy it in sets and disperse them amongst loved ones (or keep them all to yourself). If you find a brand you love, you’ll be able to curate all your travelling bags to match so you can pack in style.
- Tote & Carry Black Apollo 1 Luggage Rollers: This Tote & Carry luggage set is crafted out of vegan snakeskin leather offering style, function, and eye-catching details. These travelling bags are a perfect go-to if you like a dash of classy fashion in your luggage.
- Samsonite Hardside Luggage with Spinner Wheels: This Samsonite hard-side rolling luggage would make a good companion to your other travel bags when you need a functional, sturdy exterior.
2. Wheeled Backpack
I think everyone can admit that wheeled backpacks are one of the best inventions ever. This is especially true for travelling bags, offering the size of a backpack and the convenience of rolling luggage. A wheeled backpack for travel should have a reinforced base, sturdy wheels, and a spacious interior. These are perfect carry-on bags or for quick trips where you don’t want to hassle with a full suitcase. Wheeled backpacks are versatile and can easily be thrown on your back when you need to rush to your airline gate.
- Osprey Meridian Wheeled Backpack: This bag is a great option for wheeled backpacks, and it also has a detachable day pack. There are multiple pockets, lockable zippers, and high-clearance wheels.
- Everki Atlas: This travelling bag is perfect for young professionals, or if you need to take a flight on a quick work trip. It has internal laptop compartments, an adjustable handle, and it opens into a clamshell when unzipped for easy accessibility.
When it comes to travelling bags, the weekender and the duffle are closely related. Some people choose to use them interchangeably, while others notice the slight differences between the two. Weekenders are typically cylindrical bags with two straps that are smaller than a normal duffle. They gained their appeal for day trips or quick weekend getaways where you want to throw everything into one bag. Weekenders come in a lot of shapes, styles, and colors so you can definitely find something that suits your style. Whether you like leather, fabric, patterned, or a sports look the options are endless.
- Ecosusi Weekender: This bag is small yet spacious enough to store a few changes of clothes, toiletries, and personal necessities. It’s an affordable option for a travelling bag you can grab on the go.
- Shoulder Weekender Overnight Bag for Women: This bag is the perfect size to store whatever you need with a slim design. The flexible fabric allows you to cram it full with all your goodies so you don’t have to leave anything behind.
4. Travel Packs
A travel pack is another word for a travel backpack and they can come in a variety of styles. If you’re going hiking, you might need to consider a more durable design with padded straps. However, if you want to sport a glamorous airport look, you can get a luxury travel pack to match your favorite purse. Travel packs allow you to move hands-free and enjoy your vacation with all your essentials at easy access. If you’re a light packer, you might be able to fit everything you need in a travel pack. Otherwise, they make great carry-ons and day bags.
- Tote & Carry Black Velour Backpack: This Tote and Carry backpack is perfect for fashion lovers who like to maintain their looks. It’s black velour with a stylish flap and zipper to keep all your valuables secure.
- Stubble and Co Adventure Bag: This bag is self-proclaimed as tough, durable, and highly functional. It’s a reliable travelling bag if you need something for your outdoor adventures. This bag was built to last through weathering and harsh conditions.
5. Duffle Bags
Duffle bags are one of the most popular travelling bags because they are fashionable, spacious, and reliable for years to come. They also are the best bags for packing oddly shaped objects, sports gear, or gym equipment. Duffle bags can be used for everyday essentials when you’re at home, and you can pack them up when you’re on the go. They are larger than weekenders with two straps that allow for versatility while wearing.
- Tote & Carry Pastel Ash Apollo 1 Duffle: This bag was chosen for Oprah’s Favorite Things 2021. It’s the perfect fashion statement for anyone looking for a travelling bag that will elevate their look. This bag packs a punch with high-quality vegan leather, luxury details, and a functional structure. We all love it when affordable and luxury fall into the same category.
- COR Surf Water Proof Duffle Bag: If you like to get down and dirty when you travel, or more so just spend time outdoors, this duffle is a great weather-resistant option. It’s spacious, functional, and will keep all your valuables clean.
6. Travel Totes
If you want a travelling bag that feels just a little larger than your purse, travel totes are sure to be your new favorite. They consist of one main compartment and two large straps you can put over one shoulder. The major appeal of travel totes is that they let you get to your items fast, and keep them by your side.
- Orion Tote Large: Herschel offers a spacious high-quality travel tote that embodies all the key assets of a good travelling bag. It’s perfect to bring as a carry-on or an easy addition to your luggage.
- Baggu Cloud Bag: This bag is super lightweight and perfect for busy airport days where you just need to throw everything into one spot. There’s also an eccentric variety of colors and graphics.
These are some of the popular travelling bag styles in 2022, and some of our recommendations. You’ll be surprised how much a nice bag can change your travel routine, and help you feel like a pro on the go.
Are you getting ready for your next trip? Check out our luggage and travel bags from Tote & Carry. We keep you stylish, organized, and feeling your best while you’re on the go.